21 Ways To Have More 💵 + Also Be Nice To The 🌍
1. UNPLUG YOUR PHONE WHEN IT’S DONE CHARGING
It makes your phone AND the planet happy.
2. SWITCH TO LED BULBS
- Save £55 a year for every 10 you switch up.
3. USE THE ECO OPTION
On your washing machine/dishwasher.
4. SWITCH TO A GREEN ENERGY SUPPLIER
Switch up and save.
5. AIR DRY YOUR CLOTHES
Use that summer breeze.
6. TURN OFF YOUR LAPTOP AT NIGHT
We all do it... but try to turn it off. Your battery will thank you too.
7. DIY CLEANING SOLUTIONS
Bicarb + vinegar are great alternatives to the chemical baddies. Youtube is your place for inspiration.
1. SUPPORT LOCAL & BUY IN SEASON LOOSE FRUIT & VEG
Check out BBC Good Food seasonality table.
2. BUY IN BULK
Go big or go home. Why not pair up with a friend and split the cost.
3. BYO... CUP, WATER BOTTLE, BAG…
You know the drill.
4. TRY MEAT FREE MONDAYS
Check out the £1 Vegan meal cookbook by Miguel Barclay.
5. GROW YOUR OWN HERBS
Basil, Mint and Rosemary are super easy!
6. BUY CLOTHS NOT KITCHEN ROLL
You can't recycle that s**t.
7. TAKE 30 MINS ON A SUNDAY TO MAKE A MEAL PLAN
Cut back on waste and plan ahead so you have lunch to take into work.
1. GIFT WRAP IN BROWN PAPER
A lot of wrapping paper isn’t recyclable! Go old school.
2. BUY TO LAST
Learn to love and look out for the 5 year + warranty.
3. BUY MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS ONLINE
Paper free and much cheaper!
4. TRY A NO-SPEND DAY OR WEEK
Consumerism queen? Challenge yourself to only buy the essentials.
5. SELL & SWAP
Rather than buy new and chuck old, sell and swap with friends & on depop.
6. INVEST ETHICALLY
Look out for stocks and shares ISAs or pensions with an ethical option.
7. GO PACKAGING FREE
Buy soap over shower gels and look for new innovative packaging-free products. Big fan of LUSH shampoo bars.